Pregnancy and breastfeeding can drastically change your appearance – even after you’ve lost most of the baby weight. Fortunately, a Portland mommy makeover with Dr. Lewis can restore your fit and youthful pre-baby body.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a customized procedure that includes multiple procedures, each addressing a different area that has changed after pregnancy and childbirth. A mommy makeover generally includes 2-3 or more procedures, performed during the same surgical session. This results in an overall rejuvenation and enhancement of your feminine physique.
Common treatment areas addressed during a mommy makeover include the breasts, tummy, a C-section scar, the labia, bottom, and stubborn fat deposits. You will decide which procedures you want ahead of time during your consultation, choosing the best combination of surgeries to help you feel confident again and at peace with your figure as a mother.
How your body changes after pregnancy + breastfeeding
- Droopy + sagging breasts Augmentation + Lift
- Stubborn pockets of fat Liposuction
- Heavy + sagging lower body Lower body lift
- Heavy + large breasts Reduction + Lift
- Round + soft abdomen Tummy Tuck
- Cellulite + stretch marks Laser therapy
What a mommy makeover can do for you
- A firm and taut body
- Enhanced muscle tone
- A younger-looking appearance
- Minimized cellulite and stretch marks
- Increased body confidence
Is this procedure right for you?
You may be ready for a mommy makeover if you:
- Lost the baby weight but still have stubborn pockets of fat and sagging skin
- Had children a few years ago and are not planning on future pregnancies
- Are in good overall health (both physical and emotional)
How Do You Know If You Are a Candidate for Mommy Makeover?
Becoming a mother is wonderful, rewarding experience, but it can change your body, and not always in a good way. After pregnancy and breastfeeding, many women are left with droopy, sagging breasts, weakened abdominal muscles, cellulite, stretch marks, loose skin on the tummy, and pockets of stubborn fat on various areas of the body.
A mommy makeover is a comprehensive, custom-tailored procedure designed to help return your body to its pre-baby appearance. You may be a good candidate for this procedure if:
- It has been at least six months since you gave birth. Childbearing can be a traumatic experience for the body. Give it at least six months to heal before considering a mommy makeover.
- You have been finished with breastfeeding for at least six months. Nursing a child changes the shape and size of your breasts. When you are finished breastfeeding, give your breasts time to settle back to normal size and shape before undergoing surgery.
- You don’t plan to have any more children. We recommend waiting until you are finished bearing children to have a mommy makeover. Another pregnancy could affect the benefits of the procedure.
- You have followed a diet and exercise program to lose baby weight. This procedure is best performed on healthy patients who have reached or are close to their ideal body weight.
- You had a C-Section delivery. A Caesarian section delivery can leave you with surgical scarring on the abdomen. A mommy makeover procedure is designed to correct these cosmetic flaws.
- Your body has undergone undesirable changes from pregnancy and childbirth. This may include sagging and loss of volume in the breasts, stretch marks and excess skin on the abdomen, cellulite and pockets of stubborn fat on the abdomen, hips, thighs, and other areas that do not respond to diet and exercise.
Depending on the patient, a mommy makeover may include breast lift, breast augmentation, breast reduction, tummy tuck, laser therapy, liposuction, or a lower body lift. An excellent way to find out if you are a good candidate for a mommy makeover is to schedule a consultation with Dr. Matthew Lewis in Portland, OR.
Dr. Lewis is a double board-certified plastic surgeon in Portland with extensive training and experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery of the breasts and body. After an in-depth consultation and careful evaluation of your anatomy, Dr. Lewis can tell you whether you are a good candidate and individually-tailor a treatment plan for you so you get the best mommy makeover in Portland.
Mommy Makeover: A 100% tailored experience
A mommy makeover is a custom blend of procedures that is designed to recreate the body you had before having children and breastfeeding. It will be completely tailored to your needs and goals, and will involve a combination of the following breast and body surgeries.
After pregnancy and nursing, it’s common for the breasts to appear deflated. A Portland breast augmentation with Dr. Lewis can restore your soft and full chest by inserting saline, silicone or gummy bear implants.
In addition to the loss of volume, sagging breasts are a common complaint after having children. A lift (with or without an augmentation or reduction) is a terrific way to elevate drooping tissue in the chest area.
Large breasts can feel even more cumbersome after pregnancy thanks to gravity and a loss of elasticity. When this occurs, a reduction combined with a lift can recreate your firm and youthful figure.
Lower body lift
After pregnancy, it may feel like your entire lower body is heavier than before. If this happens, a lower body lift with Dr. Lewis can elevate and tighten all of the tissue in this area – including the abdomen, thighs, buttocks and groin.
Liposuction is a very common mommy makeover procedure. It targets stubborn pockets of fat on the abdomen, hips, thighs, buttocks, breasts and arms that have remained despite losing most of your baby weight and following a healthy lifestyle.
After stretching to accommodate a growing baby, your abdomen is likely more loose and flabby than you would like. If diet and exercise alone aren’t helping, a tummy tuck can restore your taut, pre-baby abdomen. Dr. Lewis uses the fantastic high-lateral-tension (HLTA) technique for all of his tummy tucks.
The day of your mommy makeover
On the day of your Vancouver or Portland mommy makeover, our staff will greet you at the hospital and ensure that you feel comfortable and excited about your procedure. After Dr. Lewis reviews the surgical plan with you and marks the treatment area, general anesthesia will be administered.
Once your mommy makeover surgeries are complete, you will be moved to a recovery room where you will be closely monitored. After a few hours, Dr. Lewis will clear you to return home, though a friend or family member will need to drive you.
Common concern: Can I get pregnant again after a mommy makeover?
Another pregnancy won’t harm you or your baby – but it may compromise your mommy makeover results. As such, Dr. Lewis recommends waiting on the procedure if there’s a chance you will have more children.
Life after a mommy makeover: How to maintain your new body
Because of the skill and experience Dr. Matthew Lewis has, we offer arguably the best mommy makeover in Portland with results that can last a very long time – as long as you take care of yourself moving forward. This looks like:
- Exercising regularly. Aim to exercise a few times each week for at least 30 to 60 minutes each time.
- Eating well. Consume a well-rounded diet filled with an abundance of healthy foods – especially fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Keeping in touch with Dr. Lewis. Getting the proper care after surgery is vital. Make sure you go to all of your post-surgical appointments and follow Dr. Lewis’s instructions for a safe recovery.
Schedule an appointment today >>
A mommy makeover can help you feel like yourself again once your pregnancy and breastfeeding years are behind you. Contact our Portland office today to schedule an appointment and begin planning for your transformation with arguably the best mommy makeover in Portland.
Follow Us on Instagram
A Portland Plastic Surgeon
407 NW 17TH AVE, STE 2Portland, OR 97209
Discover your true beauty. At the office of Dr. Matthew Lewis, we take everything into consideration, including your comfort, discretion, and of course your outcome. Please call us to schedule an appointment.
Now Open, visit our new location!
Starting May 4th, we will be seeing patients in office and begin resuming elective surgeries. We are following all state and federal guidelines for protection and safety, including but not limited to: wearing gloves and masks, providing hand sanitizer, frequent cleaning, wiping down and sanitizing of all contact surfaces. As well as will maintain all standard Social Distancing protocols. Patients should not come in if achy, feverish or coughing or COVID positive test for active infection.
Our office is open as usual for any email, telephone, or video inquiries. Virtual Consultations are still available for patients that may still be restricted or prefer to conference in the comfort of their home.