If you want to refine your jawline and restore balance to your facial features, a chin augmentation
with Portland plastic surgeon, Dr. Matthew Lewis, may be right for you.
The importance of a balanced chin
The chin plays a critical role in how attractive you feel. If it’s weak, receding or simply too small, it can throw off the rest of your features. Your neck can appear fleshy. Your nose can look too big. And your profile can appear unbalanced.
When this happens, implants can restore harmony. In fact, many patients request neck liposuction or a nose job only to discover that all of their aesthetic concerns can be addressed with a chin implant.
What can a chin implant do for you?
- Establish a well-defined jawline
- Increase projection for a weak or receding chin
- Create balance among your features
- Sculpt a more attractive and proportionate profile
Is chin augmentation right for you?
You may benefit from a chin implant if you have a:
- Recessed, pointed or square chin
- Poorly defined jawline
- Prominent nose
- Fleshy neck
Quick facts: What you need to know about chin implants
- The procedure is safe and straightforward
- Chin implants are available in a variety of shapes and sizes
- Chin augmentation can have a dramatic impact on your appearance
- The recovery period is about one week
The day of your surgery
Dr. Lewis performs chin augmentations on an outpatient basis. The entire process takes 45 minutes to an hour.
To begin your procedure, Dr. Lewis will create a tiny incision beneath the chin or inside the mouth. Through that opening, he will insert your carefully-chosen implant in front of the jawbone.
He will then check to ensure that the placement and projection are correct. If necessary, he may modify the implant slightly to ensure that your ideal look is achieved. To complete the surgery, he will secure the implant into place with tiny screws and carefully close the incisions.
What to expect as you heal
Chin implants have a relatively quick recovery period, with most patients back at work within one week. However, there are some activity restrictions to keep in mind. You will need to avoid:
- Applying pressure to your chin, either while sleeping or with your hand, for at least six weeks
- Strenuous physical activities and bending over during the initial recovery period
- Exaggerated facial movements for a couple of weeks
You will be able to remove your dressings after about one week. However, you will likely still be swollen at this point, which is normal. Your final chin implant results will emerge in about three months. During this time, you should continue to care for your incision and avoid strenuous exercise.
Schedule an appointment today >>
If your facial features appear unbalanced, a chin augmentation may be able to restore harmony. Contact our Portland office today to schedule an appointment and discover what this procedure can do for you.
A Portland Plastic Surgeon
10201 Southeast Main Street #20, Portland, OR 97216
Discover your true beauty. At the office of Dr. Matthew Lewis, we take everything into consideration, including your comfort, discretion, and of course your outcome. Please call us to schedule an appointment.