Liposuction is done to remove unwanted pockets of fat from stubborn problem areas, with the goal of achieving a smooth and attractive body contour. Our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Matthew Lewis, offers some of the best results in liposuction Portland has to offer.
The life-changing benefits of liposuction with Dr. Lewis
- A smooth + slim + sculpted body contour
- Small incisions + very minimal scarring
- Wear clothing and swimwear with confidence
- A more youthful overall appearance
Are you a candidate for liposuction?
Liposuction in Portland Oregon by our Board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Lewis, is a great way to sculpt and contour your body. Here are some conditions that would make you an ideal candidate for liposuction:
- Are close to your ideal weight
- Don’t plan to lose more than 20 pounds in the future
- Struggle with stubborn pockets of fat in specific problem areas
- Want to smooth certain areas of your body to achieve a more attractive physique
- Have good skin elasticity (not a lot of lax skin)
Transform your figure with liposuction
Abdomen. The stomach can be very difficult to sculpt with diet and exercise – especially after pregnancy or dramatic weight loss. Our Portland liposuction surgery is a very effective way to remove stubborn fat in this area and achieve a fit and flat midsection.
Hips. The hips tend to accumulate excess fat cells, especially in women. When this occurs, liposuction can restore a contoured and feminine figure.
Thighs. The thighs are another area of the body that can attract a large amount of unwanted fat. Precise liposuction can remove these bulges and reveal slender legs.
Arms. If your arms have unwanted fat that is not responsive to exercise, liposuction may be an ideal solution. However, if you also have sagging skin, an arm lift may be necessary as well.
Breasts. In some cases, Dr. Lewis performs breast reductions via liposuction for his patients, because it's less invasive and requires smaller scars than other techniques. This can be a solution if your large breasts are mainly due to fatty tissue, rather than glandular development and you have good skin elasticity.
FAQ: How much weight will I lose with liposuction?
Our liposuction in Portland Oregon surgery is not a weight loss procedure. It’s a body contouring procedure that helps men and women achieve a sculpted physique when they aren’t seeing results through diet and exercise alone. As such, a limited amount of fat is removed during the procedure and Dr. Lewis only recommends it to Portland patients who are close to their ideal body weight, have good skin quality, and are in good overall health.
The day of your surgery
Step One: Anesthesia
When you arrive at our Portland office for your liposuction procedure, we will begin by administering anesthesia, this will be done by one of our dedicated anesthesiologists. You can undergo your procedure either in a partially awake “twilight” sleep or can elect to go fully asleep with general anesthesia.
Step Two: Incisions
Dr. Lewis will create incisions in the area where he will remove unwanted fat. These cuts will be small – typically about a quarter of an inch.
Step Three: Fat removal
Through those small openings, Dr. Lewis will insert a thin cannula. He will move this device back and forth to break up the fat cells and suction them out of the body. Blood and fluids will be extracted as well, so he will administer replacement fluids via an IV both during and after the procedure.
Schedule an appointment today >>
Dr. Lewis is known for delivering among the best liposuction in Portland, Oregon. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment and begin planning for your body transformation.
Lipsuction - Frequently Asked Questions
How Much Does Liposuction Cost in Portland, Oregon?
The cost of liposuction varies, based upon the number of areas to be treated. Most can expect the procedure to be in the range of $3,500 to $8,500. A private consultation with us will reveal the cost of treatment in your case.
Which Body Areas Can be Treated with Liposuction?
Liposuction is an effective way to sculpt a range of body areas. The waist, or “love handles,” flanks, hips, upper arms, lower and upper abdomen, breasts, hips, and thighs are some of the more common body areas that can be trimmed and sculpted with liposuction.
What Kind of Liposuction is the Best?
Dr. Mathew Lewis uses two techniques, tumescent liposuction and ultrasonic liposuction. The type of treatment best for you will be based upon the body area, and the quantity of excess fat to be removed.
Are you in Pain After Undergoing Liposuction?
Liposuction leaves a patient with some discomfort. The level of discomfort is usually associated with the quantity of fat removed. Most discomfort occurs in the first 48 hours, and you will have pain medication, so you are comfortable in the early stages of healing.
Is There a Health Risk With Liposuction?
Major complications with liposuction are rare and usually occur when a patient has too much liposuction in one day or combines liposuction with other cosmetic procedures. It is essential to have a board-certified surgeon who employs the most stringent health and safety protocols to perform your procedure.
When Would I Choose Liposuction Over a Tummy Tuck?
Liposuction is a good option if you are trying to remove excess fat; it does not tighten the skin. If you have strong, flexible skin, you may not need a tummy tuck to resculpt your abdomen. For those with excess skin, fat, and tissue on the abdomen and stretched saggy skin or stretch marks, a tummy tuck is typically the most appropriate treatment.
What Is Recovery Like after Liposuction?
Dr. Matthew Lewis uses small incisions and advanced liposuction techniques to make recovery from liposuction faster and easier on the patient. Performed as an outpatient procedure, this effective body-contouring treatment has a relatively short recovery time. Most patients can return to work within a few days after the procedure and return to their normal activities in approximately two weeks.
Be sure to schedule the time to rest for a few days and prepare a cozy environment with comfortable bedding and pillows. Wear compression garments after liposuction as directed by the doctor to:
- Help the skin adhere to the underlying tissue
- Reduce fluid accumulation and swelling
- Increase circulation
- Hold sutures and dressings in place
As liposuction involves small incisions, Dr. Lewis may prescribe antibiotics to help prevent infection. You may experience some post-surgical swelling, numbness, and discomfort, which can be easily managed with medications.
Walk as soon as possible after the procedure, beginning at an easy, gentle pace. Walking has been shown to promote healing and help prevent blood clots from forming in the legs. More strenuous activities should be avoided for two weeks or longer, as directed by Dr. Lewis.
What Are the Benefits of Liposuction
Liposuction ranks among the most popular cosmetic surgeries in the U.S, with 246,354 procedures performed in a recent year, according American Society of Plastic Surgeons statistics. Benefits of this popular treatment include:
- Results that are visible immediately
- Firmer, more contoured physical appearance
- Improved body image and higher self-esteem
- Removes pockets of fat that do not respond to diet and exercise
- Long-lasting results – even if you gain weight, if will not return in as much volume in the treated areas
- Can be combined with other procedures for optimal results
What Other Treatments Can Be Combined with Liposuction?
Liposuction is a versatile treatment that can be combined with other procedures in a single surgical session. It is often included in several aesthetic and reconstructive procedures, including:
- Mini-tummy tuck: In this procedure, liposuction may be used to remove excess fat from the abdomen before the muscles and skin are tightened.
- Facelift: Liposuction is a standard component of facelift procedures to treat patients with excess fat in the jowl area and below the jawline.
- Breast reduction: As a standard part of breast reduction surgery, liposuction is often performed to reduce the portion of overly-large breasts that extends to the side of the chest, and beneath the armpits.
- Arm lifts and thigh lifts: These procedures are often performed to correct folds of excess skin left after massive weight loss. Liposuction performed at the same time as a thigh lift or arm lift is used to remove residual fat pockets, create smoother contours, and allow for excision of greater quantities of unsightly, hanging excess skin.
- Fat grafting: Dr. Matthew Lewis can beautifully contour the body and enhance the face, hands, or breasts in one comprehensive fat grafting procedure. This treatment uses liposuction to remove fat from the love handles, hips, thighs, or other areas, after which the purified fat is injected into areas that will benefit from added volume. With artistry and skillfully placed injections, Dr. Lewis can add fullness to the breasts and rejuvenate the face and hands using this minimally-invasive treatment.
Follow Us on Instagram
A Portland Plastic Surgeon
1200 NW Naito Pkwy, Ste 330Portland, OR 97209
Discover your true beauty. At the office of Dr. Matthew Lewis, we take everything into consideration, including your comfort, discretion, and of course your outcome. Please call us to schedule an appointment.