Large, full breasts are a desirable beauty standard for many people. Women who have always wanted larger breasts and cleavage can have breast augmentation to achieve shapely, feminine curves. In addition to enhancing the size, our breast augmentation in Vancouver, WA, improves shape, symmetry, projection, and other aspects of the breasts, achieving a curving, appealing appearance that boosts self-esteem and confidence.
What is a Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that enhances and increases the size and shape of the breasts. This procedure is designed to achieve bigger, rounder breasts, beautiful breast symmetry, and more feminine curves. During breast augmentation surgery, implants are used to achieve the breasts you desire. A wide variety of breast implants are available, ensuring your implants suit you perfectly.
In some cases, women can have breast augmentation with a fat transfer instead of implants. This surgery involves liposuction to remove unwanted fat from one area of the body, achieving a sculpting effect. The fat is purified and then injected into the breasts to increase the size by about one cup.
What are the benefits of breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgeries performed today. For many women, breast augmentation is a life-changing procedure, improving the quality of life. Whether your breasts have always been small, or you feel you’re lacking in breast shape or symmetry, or you’ve lost significant breast volume due to aging, weight loss, or breastfeeding–breast augmentation achieves outstanding results. Benefits include the following:
- Large, round, beautiful breasts
- Aesthetic, well-balanced breast symmetry
- Appealing cleavage
- A curving, hourglass appearance
- Rejuvenated breasts (after pregnancy, the natural aging process, or weight loss)
- Feminine curves and a better fit in bras, tops, and swimsuits
- Improved self-esteem and confidence
How to choose the right breast implants for you
Options for breast augmentation in Vancouver, WA, include type and size, shape, projection, implant placement, location of incisions, and more. Dr. Lewis carries out a thorough, thoughtful consultation to cover all of your options and answer any questions. During your consultation, Dr. Lewis helps to empower you to confidently make an informed decision.
Dr. Lewis will begin by performing a physical exam and reviewing your medical history. He will spend time understanding your needs and aesthetic goals. From there, he will help you choose the perfect implants for you, then create a personalized surgical plan for your breast augmentation.
Breast implant types
With Dr. Lewis, women can choose from a range of breast implant types and shapes, ensuring their implants are right for their natural frame and achieve their aesthetic goals for their breasts. Dr. Lewis will go over your breast implant options with you, including silicone, saline, and gummy bear. Before you make your choice, you will be able to feel the implants and try them on with a special bra, giving you an idea of what they will look and feel like.
- Saline implants: Saline implants are soft silicone shells filled with sterile salt water. Saline implants are first inserted into a small incision in the belly button or armpit. Once in place, they are filled to ensure they are symmetrical and attractively round.
- Silicone implants: Silicone implants are filled with a thick silicone gel that looks and feels more like natural breasts. Silicone implants mimic the bounce and movement of a woman’s breasts and come in a variety of options, including texture, shape, projection, size, and more. Silicone implants are more customizable for patients and are approved for women aged 21 and up.
- Gummy bear implants: Gummy bear implants are a type of silicone implants that are formed in a teardrop shape to better mimic the natural look of the breasts. Gummy bear implants are a popular choice for women who want a larger breast size while still maintaining a natural look. Gummy bear implants are a form-stable gel. This gel doesn’t leak in the rare instance of an implant rupture and has a lower risk of folding or rupture.
Breast implant incisions and placement options
Incisions vary based on the details of your procedure and the type of implants you choose. Incisions are generally made in one of the following areas:
- Around the areolae
- At the breast crease
- In the folds of the armpits or belly button
Implants are placed under or over the chest muscles. Over-the-chest muscle placement results in a slightly shorter recovery period because it requires no manipulation of the chest muscle during the surgery. Under-the-chest muscle placement provides chest muscle coverage and support and achieves a more natural-looking effect. Women with less natural breast tissue are ideal candidates for implant placement under the chest muscle.
Before & After Gallery
Breast augmentation candidates
Candidates for breast augmentation in Vancouver, WA, would like to increase their breast size and enhance the shape and look of their breasts. Women who have always wanted full, appealing curves may find that breast implants are the perfect choice for them. The best candidates for breast augmentation meet the following requirements:
- Are in good health
- Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not smoke (or are able to quit for a period of time before and after their surgery)
- Are not taking blood-thinning medications (or stop taking these safely)
- Have lost breast volume after breastfeeding or weight loss
- Have fully developed breasts
- Breasts have deflated with age
- Breasts have always been small or lacking shape and symmetry
- Have realistic expectations about what breast augmentation can achieve
Why choose Dr. Lewis for your breast augmentation?
In addition to his medical degree from OHSU and board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Matthew Lewis has a master’s degree in both biophysics and physiology from Georgetown University.
As a double-board certified plastic surgeon in Portland, Dr. Lewis is dedicated to achieving the goals of his patients, using his outstanding skill to attain their aesthetic vision for their breasts. Dr. Lewis makes it a point to do everything he can to help his patients, which is why he is known for stellar results and patient care. Please call today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Lewis to find out more about your Vancouver or Portland breast augmentation procedure.
Follow Us on Instagram
A Portland Plastic Surgeon
407 NW 17TH AVE, STE 2Portland, OR 97209
Discover your true beauty. At the office of Dr. Matthew Lewis, we take everything into consideration, including your comfort, discretion, and of course your outcome. Please call us to schedule an appointment.
Now Open, visit our new location!
Starting May 4th, we will be seeing patients in office and begin resuming elective surgeries. We are following all state and federal guidelines for protection and safety, including but not limited to: wearing gloves and masks, providing hand sanitizer, frequent cleaning, wiping down and sanitizing of all contact surfaces. As well as will maintain all standard Social Distancing protocols. Patients should not come in if achy, feverish or coughing or COVID positive test for active infection.
Our office is open as usual for any email, telephone, or video inquiries. Virtual Consultations are still available for patients that may still be restricted or prefer to conference in the comfort of their home.